Skip to main content

Working on the GDD

Unfortunately our team has not had as much face to face time as we would have liked due to weather and illness. On the bright side however, our team has been making quite a bit of progress on the various tasks we've been working on. This also gave me more time to work on our GDD.

After we had finished roadmapping the other week we had some discussions on what we felt the general layout for the yard should be. This was incredibly productive as it allowed us to generate a list of what assets the art team would need to create and gave Steven somewhere to start on the whitebox for the level.

From there I took most of the ideas we talked about and included them into the GDD. Mainly I focused on the different locations in the yard and how we envisioned them tying into the overall gameplay. Out of the locations we came up with, I particularly liked the idea of going into a sand box and sand castle. I think there is something about it that captures the sense of scale so well. Anyhow, with that the GDD is at a pretty solid point right now until we start testing and need to make adjustments.

Part of our GDD so far

Comments