Today was the start of the semester and as of such meant new project ideas and new teams. I wasn't sure at first what idea I wanted to pitch, but when thinking of ways to utilize VR well I thought of doing some sort of game on a microscopic level. Out of that was born Micro Quest, a game in which players find themselves shrunken down in a backyard and have to explore the yard, collect items, and return themselves back to normal size. I felt like such an idea would nicely utilize the immersive nature of VR.
There were several other pitches I felt were very good. In particular I liked the idea of making a game like Mike Tyson's Punchout in VR. After voting Micro Quest was on of the two games left so we split the class into two teams and got to work. One of the first things I did with my new team was ask what excited them the most about the Micro Quest idea. The two most common answers were exploring at that scale and using unconventional items such as a match. This gave us our focus for the game's overall design.
The rest of the class was spent getting things such as our discord, google community page, and trello set up. We scheduled our out of class meetings and determined the team roles. With most of those formalities out of the way, we should be ready to do all of our road mapping next week!
There were several other pitches I felt were very good. In particular I liked the idea of making a game like Mike Tyson's Punchout in VR. After voting Micro Quest was on of the two games left so we split the class into two teams and got to work. One of the first things I did with my new team was ask what excited them the most about the Micro Quest idea. The two most common answers were exploring at that scale and using unconventional items such as a match. This gave us our focus for the game's overall design.
The rest of the class was spent getting things such as our discord, google community page, and trello set up. We scheduled our out of class meetings and determined the team roles. With most of those formalities out of the way, we should be ready to do all of our road mapping next week!
![]() |
| Our Team Trello, just waiting for all the tasks! |

Comments
Post a Comment